(Left to right: No makeup, face makeup only, full makeup)
This is a “full glam” makeup look that I did on my mom! This is also the makeup that I will be doing on her for my sister’s wedding coming up. The products I used are not too heavy, will last all day, and did not settle in any lines or wrinkles. That being said, this look is perfect for any special occasion or just a fun night out!
- Primed the face with the Nivea Men aftershave balm.
- Applied Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless foundation in shade true beige (222) with an E.L.F. buffing brush.
- Applied Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer in shade medium under the eyes, on the chin, bridge of the nose, center of forehead and blended out with a DAMP Real Techniques “beauty blender”.
** blot face after these steps**
- Applied Coty Loose Airspun Powder in shade translucent extra coverage to set every area that I applied the concealer (I did not “bake” these areas, I just swept it on, left it for 30 seconds, then brushed the excess away).
- Applied Rimmel Stay Matte powder in shade translucent to the rest of the face to set the foundation.
- Bronzed the face with the middle shade in the Kat Von D Shade + Light contour palette using a Morphe M527 brush.
- Contoured the face using the medium and darkest shades in the same contour palette using the Wet N Wild blush brush.
- Applied Wet N Wild blush (sorry I do not remember the name of the exact shade but it was the shimmery coral shade) with a Real Techniques blush brush.
- Applied Wet N Wild “bronzer” in shade “Reserve Your Cabana” as a highlight (this product is marketed as a bronzer, but is definitely a highlight) to the tops of the cheekbones with a Morphe M310 fan brush.
L’Oreal La Palette Nude 1
- Applied the same Maybelline concealer as an eyeshadow primer
- Applied MAC eyeshadow in ‘Soft Brown’ and ‘Swiss Chocolate’ to the crease as a transition shade with a Sigma E40 brush.
- Applied the silvery shade (second from right) from the L’Oreal La Palette Nude 1 all over the lid using a Sigma F70 brush. (packed on shadow to brush then spritzed the brush with setting spray to get a better, more metallic color payoff)
- Applied the darkest brown shade (fifth from right) from the same palette to the “outter V” of the eye and blended out.
- Applied the matte black eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette (you can use any black eyeshadow) as an eyeliner with a Real Techniques liner brush and winged it out slightly.
- For the bottom lashline I applied a mixture of both MAC eyeshadows used in the crease and the dark brown shade from the L’Oreal palette and smoked it out slightly.
- Applied Maybelline Colossal Mascara to top and bottom lashes (remember to curl your lashes FIRST!)
- Applied Ardell Demi Wispies lashes to upper lashline (curl lashes together with fake lashes to combine them, apply a little extra mascara if needed). These lashes are also reusable.
- Tight-lighned and lined waterline with Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner in black.
LIPS & BROWS:
- For brows, I filled them in with the L’Oreal Brow Stylist in shade brunette.
- For lips I lined them with Jordana lip liner in shade Hot Cocoa then applied L’Oreal Colour Riche lipstick in shade Saucy Mauve.
Finally, I set the whole face with the Wet N Wild Photo Focus setting spray.