Everyone knows that coconut oil and sweet almond oil have so many different uses in a beauty routine and are very multi- purposeful. I am just going to break down what these oils can be used for and kind of compare and contrast them.
These are the ways that I use Coconut Oil (I get mine from Trader Joe’s for about $10):
- Hair mask- massage into the scalp and on the ends of that hair after shampooing, leave in for about 5 minutes, then rinse out completely.
- Great face and body moisturizer
- The one that everybody knows- makeup remover! This is the best makeup remover I have ever tried. Every time I use this to take off my eye makeup, no matter how waterproof it is, I NEVER wake up with black smudges under my eyes. It gets any kind of makeup completely off and is gentle on the eyes. It is also good for your lashes and over time, if will make your lashes thicker and longer.
- Body scrub- mix some leftover coffee grounds in with coconut oil and use it as a body scrub! This will moisturize and make your skin extremely soft.
These are the ways that I use Sweet Almond Oil ($8):
- Makeup remover (sometimes)- this does a pretty good job, but I have to work a little harder than when I use the coconut oil.
- Face and body moisturizer- I actually use this more often as my face and body moisturizer more often than the coconut oil because I feel it sinks into the skin better and gives the skin a natural glow.
- Under- eye cream- This stuff is awesome for dark circles! I applied this every night before going to sleep for about two weeks and noticed a big difference. My dark circles were not as bad and my eyes not puffy at all.
- Acne scarring- I apply the oil as my moisturizer after my face cleanser at night before going to sleep and noticed that it has diminished the appearance of acne scarring.
Overall, these two oils share a lot of the same benefits, but I do like one better than the other for certain things. Recently, I have been reaching for the sweet almond oil more often because it is a liquid all the time (coconut oil will change from solid to liquid depending on the temperature) and does not have a scent. When it comes to skin care, being as natural as possible is extremely important! Both of these oils are great for any skin type and will definitely improve the quality of your skin (face and body).