I have never been a big fan of BB/ CC creams (I feel like they basically do the same thing) because they make me look too shiny and do not give me the coverage that I like. However, I bought the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream ($12-14 for 2 full ounces) and I am IN LOVE!
I tried this stuff about a year ago when the BB cream trend was picking up and I hated it at first and ended up just giving it away. It looked to orange on my skin and made my face a greasy mess. BUT, lately I have been wanting to wear something lighter than a foundation that still evens out my skin tone and gives me decent coverage. I decided to give this one a try again because every time I searched for BB creams, this one came up EVERY SINGLE TIME! So, I thought maybe they redid the formula or something, then I realized that the first time I tried this product, I bought the shade that was too deep and one one made for dryer skin types. No wonder it was so greasy on me! However, if you are on the dry side, their formula for dryer skin types will work really well for you.
This time around, I bought the light/ medium shade for combo to oily skin types and it is AMAZING. I was scared at first that it would be too light on my skin because when I dotted it on my face it looked a little too pale, but after buffing and blending it into my skin it matched so perfectly that it almost seemed to adjust to my skin tone.
Here are more reasons why I am in love with this product:
- Lightweight formula that provides good coverage (I do not need to conceal my blemishes with this stuff!) and evens out skin tone beautifully.
- Works as a sunscreen with SPF 20.
- Keeps the shine under control ALL DAY!
- You get 2 full ounces for around $12, which I think is pretty awesome.
- Can be used as a “foundation” when you want to wear something lighter. Products apply onto this very nicely.
- Formula is on the liquidy side and easy to blend evenly.
- It is buildable if you want more coverage (but at that point I would just use a regular foundation).
- I like to mix some of this in with my regular foundations for get the benefits of both products and add SPF. You could even use this as a base for your foundation for extra coverage that won’t look cakey.
- The finish is not completely matte, but not shiny at all. It just looks like a better version of your own skin!
- Dries down completely and does not feel sticky or tacky on the skin.
The two active ingredients in this product are 3% Octinoxate and 4.7% Titanium Dioxide.
Side note: There are a couple of different packagings for the same product and it is a little bit harder to find the shade medium/ deep in stores.
Once again, I love this product and really glad that I gave it a second try and got the one that was right for me this time! If you are on the hunt for a great BB cream that will perform well, especially in the summer, definitely give this one a try. It is a really great product and I really think you will like it!