Vaseline 100% petroleum jelly is a very common inexpensive household product that can be used in a variety of different ways. In this post, I am going to list 5 unique ways to incorporate this miracle product in your daily beauty routine that you may, or may not, have heard of before!
- Lip mask- Vaseline is extremely moisturizing and thick enough to be used as a lip mask. Apply a generous amount to your lips before you go to sleep and leave it on overnight. You will wake up with lips that are extremely soft, smooth, and moisturized! You could also mix a little bit of granulated sugar in with some Vaseline and use this as a simple and effective lip scrub.
- Clear brow gel- Sometimes when I just want to tame my brow hairs before running out the door, I will just scoop up a little bit of Vaseline with my fingers and swipe it through my brows to keep them in place. Vaseline is also said to help grow out your brow hairs, so this is like a two-in-one.
- Clear mascara- Again, when I am in a hurry and do not feel like putting on mascara, I will run some Vaseline through my lashes with my finger. The Vaseline gives your lashes a wet look, so it will make them look darker and thicker. Vaseline is also really hydrating for your lashes and over time, will make them appear thicker and longer naturally.
- Under eye moisturizer- Before you go to sleep, after you have gone through your normal night time skincare routine, you can apply just a little bit of Vaseline to the under eye area for extra hydration. Over time, the moisturizing properties of petroleum jelly will really help with fine lines and aging. This will also not cause breakouts.
- Base for powder highlighter- I love this trick! Before you go in with your favorite powder highlight, dab a very small amount of Vaseline on your cheekbones and then go overtop with the highlighter. This acts as a clear balm and will really intensify the highlight.
Hopefully y’all learned something new! Vaseline is something that everyone already has and the number of ways it can be used it never ending!