I have been wanting to do a look like this for a while since black lipstick is still pretty trendy- so here it is! I did a dark, smokey eye and paired it with a matte black lipstick for a grunge-y glam look. This might be a little too dark for summer, but it is a fun look for music festivals, concerts, or if you are just feeling a little bold.
Keep reading to see the products I used to achieve this look!
My goal for the eye look was to create something very deep and smokey with shimmery purple tones. Because this is a “grungey” type of look, I did not want to create a wing or cat eye effect. I focused on blending the shadows out really well and not winging them out in the process (which is usually a habit of mine).
- Applied Darkside eyeshadow from the UD Naked 3 palette all over the lid
- Applied Swiss Chocolate, Soft Brown, and Corduroy from MAC in the crease to blend out the Darkside shade.
- Applied Blackout eyeshadow from the UD Naked 2 palette to the top lash line and smoked it out into the lid shade.
- Applied Swiss Chocolate, Soft Brown, and Darkside to the bottom lash line and smoked it out.
- Applied MAC Nylong eyeshadow to the inner corner and brow bone.
- Applied my Jordana Best Lash mascara to my top and bottom lashes. You could use fake lashes if you wanted to, but I just liked how my lashes looked naturally with this eye makeup since I also went with a dark lip color.
For the face I did not want to bronze my skin up too much (also a makeup habit) because I wanted the focus to be on the eyes and lips. I prefer to do my face after I have done my eye makeup so I do not have to worry about any fallout from the shadows.
- Too Faced Born This Way foundation in shade Warm Beige mixed with Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation in shade Natural Buff.
- Used the L.A. Girl concealer in Creamy Beige for the under eye area and other places I usually highlight with concealer.
- Set my face and concealer with L’Oreal True Match setting powder in shade Sand Beige.
- Contoured with the Wet N Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce De Leche and with the Wet N Wild bronzer in Bikini Contest.
- Applied Wet N Wild Color Icon blush in Mellow Wine .
- Used the rose gold shade from the Wet N Wild MegaGlo Illuminating palette as my highlight.
I only used one lip product and that was the Katy Kat Matte lipstick shade in Perry Panther from the Katy Perry and Covergirl line. This lipstick is very creamy and opaque, but not quite as matte as I was wanting. So, I picked up the Blackout shade from my UD Naked 2 palette and patted that on overtop with my finger. Doing this will also set the lipstick and help it to last longer.