I decided to do something bold for The 4th this year, so I came up with this shimmery, navy blue halo eye look. I also chose two lip colors that I think would go really well with this eye makeup.
The lip colors kind of change the way the eyeshadow looks, which I thought was really cool! The bright red accentuates the lighter blue shadow in the center of the lid while the navy blue lip color emphasizes the grey, cooler tones in the shadow.
Products I used:
- NYX eyeshadow in “Galactic”- inner and outer corner of the lid
- Makeup Geek eyeshadow in “Bitten”- crease/ transition shade & bottom lash line
- I used a shimmery baby blue shadow from an old Sephora eyeshadow palette on the center of the lid and inner corner.
- Used Maybelline black gel liner to create a wing. I did not want the eyeliner to be too dramatic because I did not want it to take away from the eyeshadow.
- Applied Maybelline The Falsies mascara to my top and bottom lashes.
- For the red lip option, I lined my lips using the Elf Matte Lip Color pencil in shade Riach Red and filled in my lips using Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in shade Standout
- For the navy blue lip option, I just used Maybelline lipstick in Midnight Blue from their new Bolds lipstick line. For a little extra dimension, I dabbed a little bit of MAC Nylon eyeshadow in the center of my lips.
I hope y’all enjoyed this look and have a safe 4th of July!!