Going to an outdoor concert in the middle of the summer is equivalent to sitting on the surface of the sun, especially in Texas. I always get excited to do my makeup for concerts, but I struggle because I already have oily skin and the heat on top of that just makes it even worse.
BUT, I have figured out which products hold up against sweat and heat rather than just melting off of my face. These products stayed in place the WHOLE NIGHT and when I got home after the concert, my makeup still looked perfect and not shiny at all! I am not going to list every product that I used, just the ones that are typically the first to go. I will say, I did use a few different base/ priming products to really ensure that my makeup would last all night and stand up against the heat and sweat. It might seem like a lot, but it worked extremely well and did not feel heavy and thick on the skin at all.
- First, I applied the Murad Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15 all over my face and neck. I rubbed it in a little, then focused on really pressing this into my skin. Side note: it is extremely important to wear an SPF, especially if you are going to be out in the sun.
- Then I sprayed my face with my DIY Primer Water (I have a whole post and ingredient list for this DIY in a previous post- check it out!). This stuff works extremely well, I definitely recommend making your own!
- Next, I applied the Nivea Mens Post Shave Balm all over my face.
- Then, last for the primers, I applied the Makeup Forever Step 1 mattifying primer to the areas of my face that I get really oily. This stuff is key to achieving this sweat-proof makeup. I cannot say enough good things about it! If you’re oily- buy this stuff, you need it in your life. When using it though, you want to make sure to only apply it to oily areas because it is pretty intense.
- For foundation, I used my L’Oreal Infallible Pro- Matte liquid foundation and set it with the Pro- Matte powder. This combo is sweat-proof and feels lightweight on the skin while being full coverage.
- The last product that is great for hot, sweaty days is the MAC Pro Longwear concealer. I used this under my eyes and as my eyeshadow primer. IT WILL NOT CREASE. The consistency is on the thicker side, but it will not budge and sets nicely.
These are all the products I used for my summer concert makeup! I cannot stress enough how well this combo worked for me, but if I could recommend one product that really made a difference, it would be the Makeup Forever primer. It is the best mattifying primer I have ever used and I was amazed by how well it held up. Hope this was helpful!