Today I decided to a do a festival-inspired makeup look because I wanted to jump outside my makeup comfort zone and experiment with white eyeliner! I did a soft orange cut-crease, white winged eyeliner, and a smoked out plum lower lash line. Since this a summery and bright look, I also wanted to make my skin really bronzed and glowy. Because I wanted the focus to be on the eye makeup, I paired this look with a nude and glossy lip.
Keep reading to see a list of all the products I used and where I got my choker and top!
My choker is from Wet Seal and my dashiki top is from dimepiecela.com. I bought this over a year ago so it is no longer available on the site, but you can get a dashiki like this and in a ton of other colors on Amazon! This is the same tunic I wore in my previous post about sweat-proof concert makeup. It is so fun, colorful, and perfect for festivals!
- I primed my eyes with the Elf eyeshadow primer and set it with the shade Stark from the Naked 2 Basics palette (but any shade that is a little lighter than your skin tone will work).
- For the soft orange cut-crease, I used the three orange shades from the Morphe 35O palette (top three shadows on the far right column). Since the shadows have no names it is hard to describe, but they are the light, medium, and deeper toned orange shades from the palette. I started with the lighter orange as a transition shade, then went in with the medium shade, and then the deeper shade. Adding different shades, slowly building up the color and intensity, adds more dimension to the look. Also, I focused on softly winging out the orange shadow.
- I applied more of that Stark shade to the lid to clean up the crease a little bit.
- Next, I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. This is just a true white shade and the formula is very creamy, so I found it was really easy to apply. I used the pencil and a separate liner brush to create a wing liner effect. I did not want this liner to be too thick.
- Then, I applied a purple eyeshadow from a Sephora palette (sorry I do not know the name of this shade because I depotted it from the palette!) but any purple shade will be fine. I also used a little bit of the NYX eyeshadow in Flirt (it is just a matte light purple shade) to smoke it out a little and wing it up to meet the white liner and orange shadow.
- Last for the eyes, I applied two coats of the Covergirl SuperSizer lengthening mascara and lined my lower water line with a nude eyeliner from Rimmel.
- I primed my skin with my DIY Primer Water (I have a post all about this- go check it out if you’re interested, I love this stuff!).
- For foundation I used the Milani Conceal + Perfect full coverage foundation (I also have a post reviewing this product!)
- For concealer, I used the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal in shade Creamy Beige to highlight my under eyes and other high points of my face.
- I set my under eye area with the NYC loose translucent powder and the rest of my face with the NYC loose powder in shade Naturally Beige.
- I contoured using the Wet N Wild Mega Glo contouring palette in shade Caramel Toffee.
- Instead of using a blush, I used the Milani Baked Bronzer on the apples of my cheeks and kind of on top of my contour for an extra bronzed glow.
- I applied the gold highlighter shade from the Carli Bybel palette to the tops of my cheekbones and everywhere else you would typically highlight.
- Lastly, I set my makeup with my DIY MAC Fix + spray (I made a post about this yesterday and I love it!)
Lips & Brows
- For my brows I used the Make Me Brow from Essence.
- I did not want to add any intense color to the lips so I just applied the L’Oreal Nude Balm in shade Nourishing Nude (this is a moisturizing sheer formula and just gives the lips a pretty hint of color).
- I topped this with the Mega Shine Lip Gloss from NYX in the shade Frosted Beige.
That is all for this makeup look! I am going to be trying my best to post a makeup look every day or every other day, but I hope y’all enjoyed this look!