EVERY TIME I break out it ALWAYS results in a nasty scar (whether I pick at the blemish or not) that seems nearly impossible to get rid of. BUT, after testing out a bunch of skincare products, I have finally found my holy grail skincare solution to fade acne scars. This is not an over-night solution, but in less than a week, I noticed that my acne scarring had significantly faded and my skin tone in general had evened out beautifully.
I wish I had taken some before and after pictures, but since I was experimenting to see what worked the best, I just did not think about it. Anyways, keep reading to see the steps and products I used in my skincare routine for the past week to fade my acne scars!
Night-Time Skincare Routine
- I mentioned this product in my last skincare routine but this stuff is AMAZING for fading acne scars! It is the Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser from Origins. It is a little pricey, but you only need a pea-sized amount for your whole face, so it does last a long time. I was using a different cleanser to see if it worked and when I went back to this one my scars started to faded so much in just a couple of days. I highly recommend this stuff for acne scaring and it is also great for controlling acne-prone skin in general to decrease the likeliness of breaking out in the future.
- Next, I like to take a cotton pad with some witch hazel and run this over my face gently to pick up any excess dirt. Witch hazel is also great for scarring and for skincare in general.
- Every other day, I like to use my Aztec Indian Secret Healing clay mask mixed with equal parts white distilled vinegar. I have a post specifically about this mask and it works wonders for your skin! This mask specifically is key to fading acne scars and it is also a fantastic product for firming and evening out your skin. You do have to be careful because if you use this stuff too often without moisturizing after, it can really dry out your skin. As an added tip, you could mix up a small amount of this and use it as a spot treatment!
- Next, apply your favorite daily moisturizer. I just use the Dual Action Clean & Clear moisturizer.
- Next, take a pea-sized amount of 100% Aloe Vera gel with NO COLOR ADDED and massage this all over your face, focusing on the areas where you have scarring.
- And the last step is to massage a few drops of Rose Hip Seed oil all over your face, also focusing on the areas where you have scarring. This product is probably the most essential part of this whole skincare routine because it will put moisture back into your skin AND rose hip seed oil is known for fading scars and dark spots.
Day-Time Skincare Routine
- I cleanse my skin with the same Origins cleanser.
- Take a cotton pad with witch hazel and run that all over my face.
- Apply my daily moisturizer, the same one from Clean & Clear.
- Apply aloe vera gel and I typically apply this a few times throughout the day as well.
This might seem like a lot of product and that it will take up a bunch of time, but it only takes about 20 minutes every night (less when you do not have to apply the mask) and about 10 in the morning. Almost all of these products are 100% natural, inexpensive ingredients that will work for any skin type. This skincare routine has saved my skin, so hopefully this was helpful and it works for you as well!