This is a more dramatic makeup look and let’s be honest, I probably would not wear this as a daily makeup look BUT I absolutely love how purple eyeshadows and red lips go together! Doing a cut-crease really does take a lot of precision, so this did take a little extra time, but I loved the result and it was definitely worth it!
Keep scrolling to see a list of products that I used.
- To get a precise winged effect, I used tape as a guide.
- I applied a bone colored shadow from my Morphe 35O palette from my crease up to my browbone.
- Applied the Maybelline Color Tattoo in shade Creamy Beige as a base all over my lid up to the crease.
- I went in with MAC eyeshadow in Sketch (deep purple shade) and started to map out the cut-crease. I blended out the line with a pencil brush and a lighter purple shade from NYX (sorry I am not sure what the name is since I depotted it).
- From the lid to the crease, I applied the matte bone shades from both the Morphe 35O palette and the Carli Bybel & BH Cosmetics palette. It is not necessary to go in with two shades from two different palettes, but I was just being high maintenance (lol). Any bone shade will work perfectly!
- For the winged liner, I used the Maybelline gel liner in shade Eggplant.
- For the bottom lashline and waterline, I applied the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in shade Purple Velvet and just blended this out.
- I applied two good coats of Maybelline Falsies mascara to my top and bottom lashes.
- I applied MAC Nylon eyeshadow to the inner corner and brow bone.
- I concealed any blemishes and discoloration with the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer in the medium shade.
- I skipped a liquid foundation today and just applied the L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte powder foundation in shade Sun Beige.
- I used my L.A. Girl Pro Concealer in shade Creamy Beige under my eyes and on other high points of my face.
- I set my undereyes with the NYX HD banana powder.
- I used the Wet N Wild contour kit in shade Caramel Toffee for an extreme contour. I also dipped into the banana shade from the palette to sharpen up the contour underneath.
- I applied the Maybelline Master Highlight in shade Mauve (I think these are being discontinued but they are so good!).
- For highlight I used the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in shade Radiant Lights. This is a frosty pink shade and it is GORGEOUS!
Brows & Lips
- For my brows I used the L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer in shade Dark Brunette.
- For my lips I used three products (high maintenance, I know). First, I used the Elf Matte Lip Color in shade Riach Red. Then I went in with the Revlon ColorBurst matte balm in shade Standout. Lastly, I topped it off with the NYX Intense Butter Gloss in shade Chocolate Apple.
I hope y’all enjoyed this look! It was a little outside my comfort zone but it was really fun to create!