It’s no secret that 100% pure and natural raw honey is amazing for your skin. It is very hydrating, helps with scarring, pigmentation, and evens out your complexion. BUT, Manuka Honey definitely takes the cake and is way better than regular honey.
I have struggled with hormonal acne and the scars left behind for the past 6 months or so and, after trying almost every product and remedy out there, I finally found the product that reduced my scarring by half OVERNIGHT!
Keep reading to see what exactly makes Manuka Honey different from regular Honey and how I use it on my skin! Also, since this is an expensive product (the jar in the picture is $20 for 8.75 oz), I will also list some purchasing tips and a few different prices from different retailers.
So what makes Manuka Honey different from regular Raw Honey?
- Manuka Honey comes from one specific plant only found in New Zealand- the Manuka Tree. Since the Honey comes from this one plant, you will not be getting a bunch of different blends of Honey in one jar- it is 100% pure Manuka.
- Manuka Honey contains about 100 times MORE antibacterial/ anti-microbial/anti-inflammatory compounds than regular Honey. This is what makes Manuka Honey an excellent healing treatment for acne because it does an excellent job of drawing impurities out of the skin.
What to look for when purchasing Manuka Honey
- You want to make sure that it is “Active” and that this is stated right on the label.
- You only want to purchase Manuka Honey that is from New Zealand. The Manuka Plant is unique to New Zealand so if it is coming from somewhere else, it’s not real Manuka Honey!
- Make sure that there is a rating on the front label of 15+-16. These ratings relate to the level of antibiotic activity in the product. 16 is ideal, but anything below 10 is pretty much just regular Honey.
A few different brands of Manuka Honey
- Manuka Doctor 15+ Bio Actove Manuka Honey-$20 (pictured above,found it in the Organics section of my grocery store)
- Trader Joe’s 10+ 100% NZ Manuka Honey-$12
- Wedderspoon 100% Raw Manuka Honey 16-$28 at Walmart
How I use this miracle product
- Since this is a natura product, I feel comfortable using this multiple times a day and my skin doesn’t react in any way to using it this often. I like to use this as an all over face mask and leave it on for at least an hour morning and night if I can.
- I make sure that my face is cleansed before applying the Honey, then I dampen my face with some warm water.
- I use about two finger scoops of Honey for my entire face and just massage it over my face and neck.
- I let this sit in my skin for at least an hour and then massage/ rinse it away with warm water. It comes off pretty easily.
- You could apply it over night as a spot treatment and then put a piece of tissue or band aid on top so that it doesn’t mess up your pillow, but I prefer to rinse it off right before I go to sleep.
It’s a very easy product to use and I have noticed a huge difference in the way my skin looks! I did not expect the Manuka Honey to work so fast, otherwise I would have taken before and after pictures.
If you struggle with acne, acne scarring, or any other skin issue at all, definitely purchase a jar of Manuka Honey and I promise you, you will not be able to live without it!!