“Instagram Makeup” has become quite popular recently and I wanted to create my own version. If you are unfamiliar with this trend, it basically takes makeup application to the extreme (bold brows, bold lips, cut-crease eye shadow, dramatic fake lashes, fake freckles, contour, highlight, the list goes on and on…). I also created this makeup look using products that are very popular amongst the beauty community just to go along with the theme.
For this look, I did a half cut-crease eye, bold brows, faux freckles, and warm pinky brown lip color. This makeup is full coverage and would also be great for prom!
For a full list of products used, keep on reading!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage foundation
- Tarte Shape Tape concealer
- RCMA no color powder to set the concealer
- Kat Von D Shade + Light contour palette
- Benefit Hoola bronzer
- Benefit Dandelion blush
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill highlighter in Champagne Pop
- For the faux freckles I used the Eyeko Fat Brow liquid liner (it’s meant for your brows but it was the perfect freckle shade lol)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette. I layered shades Golden Ochre, Burnt Orange, Raw Sienna as transition shades. Applied Red Ochre and Venetian Red in the crease. Used Cyprus Umber to deepen the outer corner.
- Tarte Shape Tape concealer to trace out the half cut crease then patted the shade Primavera from the palette on top.
- Used the same crease shades on the bottom lashline and smoked this out heavily.
- Ardell Demi Whispies lashes
- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon black eyeliner pencil
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade in medium brown
- MAC Spice lip liner
- BH Cosmetics liquid lipstick in Clara
- Applied MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick in the center