This look was inspired by the NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow in the shade “Mermaid”. It is a gorgeous metallic seafoam green color and the star of this bold makeup look!
Keep reading to see pics and a full list of products that I used!
- I mixed together all of the green shades from my Morphe 35b palette for the transition shade.
- I used a dark green eyeshadow from the same palette on the inner and outer corners of my eyes to create a halo effect. I deepened up the inner and outer corners with the navy blue from the palette.
- In the center of my lid, I applied the NYX shadow “Mermaid” with my finger and blended out the edges slightly:
- I replicated the same technique to the bottom lashline. I brought the Mermaid shadow pretty far down for a more dramatic halo effect.
- I applied a coat of Maybelline Big Shot mascara to my top and bottom lashes, then applied a pair of Ardell 120 Demi Wispies.
- I tried out a new foundation for this look- the Covergirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir foundation in shade 725 buff beige (detailed review coming soon)
- I applied Tarte Shape Tape concealer under my eyes, bridge if my nose, and chin.
- I set my concealer with the translucent Coty Airspun powder and the rest of my face with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder
- I bronzed my face with the bronzer shade from the Colourpop x Alexis Ren palette in “Golden Moment”
- For contouring I used the Fiona Stiles Bronzing Sun Veil powder in Ahiko
- For blush I used the LA Girl blushes in Just Natural (matte) and Just Glowing (shimmery)
- I highlighted above my brows, brow bone, nose, cheekbones, and Cupid’s bow with the same NYX Mermaid eyeshadow. I love how using this shade all over the face tied the look together.
- I filled in my brows using a mix of the dark green and navy blue shades from the Morphe 35b palette. This step is not necessary, but it went along with the Mermaid theme.
- First I applied the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Aquarius.
- I dabbed the Essence lipstick in Porcelain Doll in the center of my lips to make them even more nude.
- I used the NYX Mermaid shadow once again in the center of my lips to tie the look together.