I was inspired by makeup artist Linda Hallberg, yet again, to recreate this black and violet smokey halo eye look. This is not an exact replication of Linda’s makeup, just my own more wearable take on it!
Keep scrolling to see pics of my recreation as well as a full list of products used!
(pictured above: Lina Hallberg’s look)
- MAC eyeshadow in Soft Brown as a transition shade
- NYX medium deep purple shade in the crease (sorry I do not remember the name of the shade because I depotted it from its packaging, but any shade will work!)
- Tarte “Onyx” (matte black) eyeshadow from the Clay Play palette on the inner and outter corners of my eyes. I blended this shade slightly into the crease with the NYX purple eyeshadow I mentioned earlier.
- Applied MAC eyeshadow in Star Violet (metallic pinky-brown plum shade) to the center of my eyelids using my finger.
- Blended out the edges with a little bit of the black shadow so that there were no harsh lines
- Applied a pair of Kiss Blooming lashes
- Wet N Wild Photo Focus foundation in shade bronze beige
- Tarte Shape Tape concealer in light sand
- NYX HD Finishing Powder (pressed) in banana to set the concealer
- Elf Cosmetics Cream Contour Palette (lightest contour shade)
- Tarte Clay Play palette (middle contour shade)
- MAC Give Me Sun bronzer
- The Balm Cosmetics InStain blush in shade Pinstripe
- To highlight, I mixed the Wet N Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powder in The Sweetest Bling (pink undertone with an iridescent violet shift) with the Makeup Revolution baked highlighter in Radiant Lights (pink undertone)
BROWS & LIPS
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer in brunette
- Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuit matte lipstick in Rebel Rose