Hi everyone!! I am back with another glam Halloween look and I am so so excited about this one! The image below was my inspiration for this Sugar Skull makeup look. This makeup was done by @christianthemua on Instagram and when I came across this picture I knew I wanted to recreate it! I love the color scheme and how the warm tones give this a fall vibe as well. I kept my look pretty similar for the most part, while also simplifying the look slightly.
As always, keep scrolling to see my recreation of this look as well as a full list of products that I used to create it. Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram @marinaleebeauty!
- L.A. Girl Pro Coverage HD Foundation in fair (this is really a light medium shade, it matched my skin perfectly).
- I skipped concealer and contour today since it would have been covered up by the eyeshadows anyway.
- I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in black bean to sketch out the cheekbones and blended out the harsh lines with a matte black shadow to create a gradient effect.
- I used a terracotta blush shade from the BH Cosmetics nude blush palette to bronze my skin and under the cheekbone shading.
- I used the same NYX eye pencil to sketch the cross on my forehead, nose, and to sketch outlines petals on my chin. I used a black felt tip liner to help with line precision.
- I applied a gold metallic shadow overtop of the black jumbo pencil on my nose for more dimension.
- I used the same NYX jumbo pencil in black bean as a base for the navy eyeshadow in order to make the color pop more.
- I used a matte navy blue shadow from my Morphe 35B palette and patted this overtop of the black base. I also blended this slightly into the crease.
- I used a mixture of MUG “Bitten” eyeshadow (burgundy) and a bright red shade from the same Morphe palette to shade all around my eyes in a circular area. I also used this to blend out the blue shadow.
- I applied a thin winged bright yellow liner for a pop of color. The liner I used was the NYX Vivid Brights liquid liner in Vivid Escape.
- I applied a pair of Ardell Demi Whispies
- I used the same yellow liner to apply dots under my eyes as well as a bright cobalt blue liner from Wet N Wild.
- I used a black felt tip liner to sketch the “sockets” around the red eyeshadow and the teeth (apply lipstick first).
BROWS & LIPS
- Filled in my brows using the ABH Dipbrow pomade in medium brown
- lined my lips with the Elf Matte Lip Color in Riach Red.
- I applied the NYX Butter Lipstick in Lifeguard overtop.